Isolate viral RNA from nasopharyngeal swab specimens (dry or in VTM) using magnetic beads.
- Optimal formulation to extract viral RNA from NP swabs, aspirates and BAL samples
- Dedicated technical and application support to expedite setup and validation time
- Adaptable to other liquid handling platforms
- Faster protocol
- Improved performance
- Does not contain Proteinase K
- Double the number of preps in a smaller packaging for reduce shipping costs
- Throughput 8 - 96
- Both automated and manual processing modes
- Magnetic beads technology
- Starting material: NP swabs in UTM/VTM as well as dry
- Sample size 50 µL - 200 µL
Mag-Bind® Viral RNA Xpress Kit is designed for the rapid and reliable isolation of viral RNA from serum, swabs, plasma, saliva, and other body fluids. The Mag-Bind® magnetic beads technology enables purification of high-quality nucleic acids that are free of proteins, nucleases, and other impurities. In addition to easily being adapted with automated systems, this procedure can also be scaled up or down depending on the amount of starting sample. The purified nucleic acids are ready for direct use in downstream applications such as amplification or other enzymatic reactions.
Omega Bio-tek is assisting scientists, researchers, and healthcare workers around the globe in accelerating the screening and detection of the novel coronavirus disease, COVID-19. We are supporting several Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs) by providing high-throughput, automated viral nucleic acid extraction methodologies. To meet the exceptional and immediate need for supplies, Omega Bio-tek created a more robust viral RNA extraction kit, Mag-Bind® Viral RNA Xpress Kit, and has the capacity to support 6 million patient tests per month.
Opgelet: For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.